Saturday, May 29, 2010

something old, something new, something borrowed

Taking a break from FLIGHT for a while so my beta reader, J, can read and critique. I think my query letter is done. And I have no idea how to make my synopsis any better even though I know it is not yet good enough. (Trying to keep that one good eye!)

What to do?
Start working on my new project!

I've been tossing this idea around in my head for a few months but have been too focused to do anything with it. A retelling of a classic story with the emphasis on a different character and what happens once the original tale ended. (My god, that sounds trite!) As with FLIGHT, it will be a bit of magic realism. Unlike FLIGHT, it is going to need a lot of structure to provide the foundation for a very fluid narrative. So, outlining ahoy.

And there we are... my something old, something new, and something borrowed. Just in time for a good friend's wedding next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment