Tuesday, May 4, 2010

the business of turning story into book

The latest -- so nearly done -- draft of Flight awaits comments from my friend and book guru, J. To keep from going stir crazy, I've started writing my synopsis (which is like poking myself in the eye), researching agents, and putting together a framework for my queries.

Scary.

In truth, I've been researching agents ever since I realized that maybe this story I was writing down would end up becoming a book. That's when I started reading blogs and forums. There are agents I feel like I already know because I've been reading them for months. I imagine these are also the agents who are deluged with queries from people just like me. So I wonder... what do I do when I run out of agents? There are only a precious handful that I feel I would be querying for a solid reason -- their blog, the authors they rep. Otherwise, I would just have to say, "I'm querying you because I really want an agent real real bad." Umm...

Advice?

And synopsis writing. I don't even want to blog about synopsis writing because I still have one good eye left.

No comments:

Post a Comment